Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pork Freezer Meals

Honey Baked Pork Chops


6 boneless pork chops
½ cup honey
¼ cup cider vinegar
¼ t. ground ginger
1 clove minced garlic
2 Tbsp. soy sauce

Mix honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic and soy sauce. Place uncooked pork chops and honey mixture in a freezer bag and freeze.

Directions for Serving Day: Thaw completely. Place pork chops and honey mixture in a baking dish. Bake for 350 degrees for 1 hour or until pork chops are cooked. Turn pork chops occasionally while baking.

I can't remember where I got this recipe, but it is one we really like.  We usually serve it with white rice because it has got an Asian taste to it.

------------------------------------------------------------

Lasagna Ravioli

My aunt Melody gave me this "recipe" and it is my preferred way to eat lasagna.  I don't have an exact recipe for this one.  It would change depending on what size of pan you used anyways.  We make ours in a 8x8 pyrex.  It feeds four of us with usually enough leftovers for Isaac's lunch.  We use browned sausage because I was raised that sausage was the meat ingredient in lasagna and spaghetti.  We've made it with cooked chicken before and you could used browned ground beef if that is your preference.

Frozen cheese ravioli
Browned sausage
Spaghetti sauce
Shredded mozzarella cheese


I put a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of my pan and then line it with frozen raviolis.  Put on as much meat as you think looks good.  Cover in spaghetti sauce.  I usually try to put a spoonful on each ravioli.  Repeat with ravioli, meat, and sauce and then cover in mozzarella cheese.  Cook at 350.  The time will vary depending on if you're cooking one you just assembled or how long it has been since you pulled it out of the freezer.  I usually cover it aluminum foil and start checking it after about 30 minutes.  Sometime in there I will take the foil off so it can brown up the cheese better.

No comments:

Post a Comment