Monday, September 20, 2010

I love food.

A lot. And I will probably write about food. A lot. For instance, tonight, we are having steak and something yet to be determined and copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits. And I will share the recipe because these biscuits are so good. I've only been to Red Lobster twice in my life, and the best part of the experience was the biscuits. I really can't remember what else I ate, but I know that it was not nearly as good as the biscuits. So without further ado, the recipe.

2 1/2 c Bisquick
4 T cold butter
1 c cheddar cheese
3/4 c milk
3/4 t garlic powder, divided
2 T melted butter
1/4 t parsley flakes
1 pinch salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine Bisquick and cold butter. Don't combine too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter about the size of peas. Add cheddar, milk and 1/4 tsp garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix. Drop 9 equal portions onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until tops are light brown. Melt 2 tbsp butter in a bowl. Stir in 1/2 tsp garlic powder and parsley flakes. Use a pastry brush to spread garlic butter over tops of biscuits.

And now I must go make them so they are ready approximately when Isaac gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment